Friday, October 21, 2011

Fess up Friday: Possibly ironic

Technically it is already Saturday here in Korea where I am writing this, but since it is still Friday there in the US where most of you will be reading it... it still counts, right?

With all the moving that we do, I kinda keep waiting for us to be somewhere for a while before we go get nice things.  Ya know, so I know they'll fit into the house that we'll finally be in for more than a year, so they don't get messed up in the move...etc.  But it never happens, so I'm left with a mish-mash of stuff that is left over from decades ago, and careers ago, when we lived in tiny apartments as young people with no money to buy anything nice thing anyway.

And it looks like that.

Factor in my lack of decorating skill and after 3 months of arranging,
this is the best I could come up with for my living room.
                             Pretty darn sad.
 

And yes, the TV is sitting on top of a coffee table...
the one the movers put the end table legs on.


My new friend came over the other day to provide some much needed help.  In a few hours, she had done what I could not.  She made my crappy furniture look not so crappy!


I still have curtains to hang and decorations to pull out of boxes,
and please ignore the toys, books and the wreath stashed on top of the bookcase,
but its already 1,000% better.

It got me thinking though...
I wonder if it would be considered 'ironic' that I am pretty bad at decorating yet pretty obsessed with decor related blogs and magazines.
I think I've been tearing images from magazines for 15 or so years.
I've got a big fat file of them.
And now I scour 'shelter' blogs like nobody's business.
But why?  It obviously has not helped me.
The only time my house has looked nice is when friends have helped me out.

I'm thinking what I should start scouring instead is gift magazines :)

1 comment:

  1. It all looks so good. You will have it looking great by the time you move back to the states. Then you get to start all over again.

    Check out my newest poem "Grave Stone"

    ReplyDelete